02 January 2012

What to Read in 2012

The "best of" lists were published in December.  I looked through them and began thinking about some of our favorite books from this past year, not all of them new titles.  Here are my choices from what we read in 2011, in no particular order:


Interrupting Chicken  by David Ezra Stein
The Astonishing Secret of Awesome Man by Michael Chabon
Everything On It by Shel Silverstein
Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick (I did not blog about this one, but I wanted to include it on my list anyway.)
Once Upon  a Cool Motorcycle Dude by Kevin O'Malley
If Rocks Could Sing by Leslie McGuirk
Art and Max by David Wiesner

Here are some other lists you may want to check out when looking for reading material in 2012:


School Library Journals Best Books of 2011

New York Times Best Illustrated Books of 2011

New York Times Notable Children's Books of 2011

ALA will be coming out with their Notables lists and awards in a couple of weeks.  I am particularly interested in the Caldecott this year because I have a friend on the committee.  I will post those when they are available.

Happy Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment