17 February 2011

Goats and More

Isaac and I have had the flu this week. We have been home for four days coughing and sniffling and aching. I would like to say that we have spent most of our time reading, but I'm afraid not. Reading out loud gives me coughing fits, so the TV has been on a lot the past few days.

Last night, I managed to make it through a couple of stories, and since I was sick I refused to read Junie B. Jones. We read Patricia Polacco instead.

As we started Oh, Look! I realized that it was a loose interpretation of one of Isaac's old favorites, We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen. As I read, I asked Isaac what story it sounded like. He kept coming back to Three Billy Goats Gruff since the story centers on three goats who go over, through, and under various obstacles. He finally made the connection, but still was more interested in the goat aspect.

We also read Charlie Parker Played Be Bop by Chris Raschka. Isaac did not like it as well as the "goat book." He prefers stories with action and plot right now, rather than poetry or unstructured prose.

Tonight we will hopefully be back to our regular routine. We have read all of the Junie B. books that we got from the library the other week. Oh, well. I am sure we will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment