18 September 2011

The Nominations Are In

The North Carolina Children's Book Award campaign has begun. I am participating at school this year. It has been a while since I have taken part in the program due to budget and time constraints. But I am at a new school this year and have a renewed sense of purpose and am excited about doing some of the "extra" things that enhance school library programs.

I have the books and will post about some of them here. The students will be reading them, or teachers will be reading them aloud. The kids will then vote for their favorites in March and we will wait to see who the award goes to.

Here is the official list of nominated picture books. A couple I have mentioned here already in past posts. Check them out and if you are in NC, ask your school to participate. It is a great program.

No comments:

Post a Comment