28 April 2013

God on a Sunday Morning

It promises to be another wet day at Merlefest.  We are going for the Avett Brothers.




Me and God


Well I know a preacher he's a real good man
Speaks from the good book in his hand 

And helps all people when he can
But me and God don’t need a middle man


Now I found God in a soft woman’s hair
A long days work and a good sittin chair
The ups and downs on the treble clef lines
And five miles to go on an interstate sign


My God my God and I
Don’t need a middle man


Now I don’t doubt that the Good Book is true
But what’s right for me may not be right for you
So church on Sunday I stand beside
For all the hurtin people with the fear in their eyes


And I thank the Lord for the country land
And just like Paul I thank Him for my hands
But I don’t know if my soul is saved
Cause sometimes I use curse words when I pray


My God my God and I
Don’t need a middle man

No comments:

Post a Comment