04 April 2013

Lazy Day

The weather took a turn for the worse so Isaac and I voted for staying in our pajamas and watching TV on this gray Spring Break day.  What are you doing?

I Don't Know What to Do Today


I don't know what to do today.
Perhaps I'll go outside and play,
or stay indoors and watch TV,
or take a bath, or climb a tree.

Or maybe I'll go ride my bike,
or pick my nose, or take a hike,
or jump a rope, or scratch my head,
or play a game, or stay in bed,
or dance a jig, or pet the cat,
or drink some milk, or buy a hat,
or sing a song, or read a book,
or change my socks, or learn to cook,
or dig a hole, or eat a pear,
or call my friends, or brush my hair,
or hold my breath, or have a race,
or stand around and slap my face.

I'm so confused, and bored, and blue,
to not know what I ought to do.
I guess that I should just ask you.
So, what do you think I should do?

--Kenn Nesbitt, from My Hippo has the Hiccups

No comments:

Post a Comment