21 December 2011

Number One

I read a cute book to my students today that I intended to bring home to share with Isaac.  Alas, in the hustle and bustle of trying to finish up work before the winter break, I left it at school.  But I will share it here anyway because I think he would like it.

Santa Claus the World's Number One Toy Expert by Marla Frazee details Santa's efforts to match the right toy with the right child.  He inspects them, tests them, and inventories them all before wrapping, packaging and delivering each one.  If a pogo stick or trampoline cannot withstand his weight, then the kids don't get it.  99.9% of the time his gifts are the perfect match.  But no one is perfect, so there is always one or two that aren't quite the right fit.  At the end of the day, after all of the gifts have been opened, Santa has saved one for himself.  And, of course, it is exactly what he wanted.

This is a really fun book and a nice addition to the Christmas storybook cannon.  Marla Frazee wrote one of our favorite books and her style is light and engaging.  I want to say I am confident that Isaac will like this book, but he surprises me often.  There is no guarantee, but it's a pretty good bet this one would be a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment